On this podcast, Chris Sebastian from Ducks Unlimited has some duck reports. Bret Amundson asks Chris what he’s seeing in the Mississippi Flyway, and the two talk about duck hunting in Alaska.
Be sure to follow/subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating if you like what you’re hearing!
Chris talks about how ducks are doing across the country, but specifically in the Mississippi Flyway. He and Bret discuss what might be causing a shift in migration patterns this year, especially with certain drought conditions. Pintail populations are also talked about, as some hunters feel there’s more sprigs than ever, but that might not actually be the case. Chris also has proof in the state of the duck reports of how work by organizations like Ducks Unlimited is helping duck populations across the continent.
Bret and Chris also talk about duck hunting on Kodiak Island in Alaska. Chris went up there last December for Ducks Unlimited Magazine, and the Amundsons are going this year to film for the North American Waterfowl Show. Bret picks Chris’ brain about his experience and what to expect in Alaska. They talk about the gnarly weather that can delay flights for days on end, big grizzly bears constantly wandering around, and the abundant sea ducks that are available to hunt.
(Scroll down for the podcast player and to subscribe)
Please support our sponsors. Learn how you can be a sponsor here:
Finding Fur and Feathers Show #45: Alaska Duck Hunting, Mississippi Flyway Update, and Duck Reports – Finding Fur and Feathers Hunting Podcast
- Finding Fur and Feathers Show #45: Alaska Duck Hunting, Mississippi Flyway Update, and Duck Reports
- Finding Fur and Feathers Show #44: Shoot More Early Season Geese Using OnX
- Finding Fur and Feathers Show #43: Trent Marsh & Tanner Cherney From Spypoint
- Finding Fur and Feathers Show #42: Aaron Hebeisen, Tim Brass and Matt Lee
- Finding Fur and Feathers Show #41: Unlocking Lyme Disease with Dr Bill Rawls