We’ve got the story of Kicking Bear and how the camps were started. This is a great story that you’ll want to listen to. Ray Howell was the man with the vision and how he was given that vision is quite the journey. He’ll share it on this week’s show. Jamie Dietman from What’s Up Outdoors talks about the outdoors in Brainerd with updates about Camp Confidence and also Red Lake. John Devney from Delta Waterfowl explains the latest breeding duck numbers for Minnesota and the country.
A month ago, Ray Howell sat in the front seat of my pick up as we drove to a lake near Alexandria and told me the story of how Kicking Bear got started. I nearly drove off the road as the story captivated me and forced me to sit in the truck at the landing and wait for it to end. If you’ve never heard it, we’ve got it on this week’s show.
Find a station and a time to tune in:
- Fargo: AM 970 WDAY Saturdays at 6am *NEW TIME (LISTEN LIVE)
- Park Rapids: AM 870 KPRM Sundays at 7am
- Walker: AM 1570 KAKK 96.3 FM Saturdays 8:00a
- Wadena: AM 1070 KVKK Saturdays 7:00a
- Wahpeton: AM 1450 KBMW Saturdays at 8:00a (LISTEN LIVE)
- Grand Forks: AM1310 KNOX Saturdays at 10a (LISTEN LIVE)
- Fergus Falls: AM 1020 THE GAME Saturdays at 10a
- Montevideo: AM 1460 KDMA Saturdays at 9am (LISTEN LIVE)
- Bemidji: AM 820 WBKK Sundays at 7am
- St Cloud: AM 1450 KNSI/103.3 FM Saturdays at 1pm (LISTEN LIVE)
- Ely: 94.5 FM WELY, Saturdays at 6AM (LISTEN LIVE)
- Hibbing: AM 650 WNMT, Sundays at 8AM