Nothing says fatherly time quite like a day on the lake, and a successful one makes the experience all that more exciting. Here is Austin Connolly and his Dad catching an 11.3 pound laker out of Lake Superior on June 2nd last year. Below the video you can find some tips for lake trout fishing on the big lake.
As is well known, summer on the north shore brings with the lake trout obsession of Lake Superior. Year after year, fishermen of all different skill levels find themselves battling the big lake and hoping for a lucky day. To assure that the outcome of your trip relies a little less on luck and a little more on skill, prepare yourself by incorporating these simple tips into your fishing game plan.
– Fish between daybreak-10:30Am, 1pm-4pm, and 7pm – dusk
– Sliver & Blue and Silver & Green are the most effective lure colors
– Use the 3-Way Swivel method for mid/late summer fishing
– Troll only fast enough to cause action in the lure
– Ideal weather is calm lake, clear skies, and high pressure
Hopefully these quick tips will make your Lake Trout trip less of a gamble and more of a success. Happy fishing!
by Dilan Czech