You may have seen this going around earlier, but we saw it again today and thought we’d share it.
The keys to skinning a deer this quickly are:
1) Location. Having the proper area to hang, gut, clean and rinse your animal is crucial to accomplishing this. Not everyone has access to an area like this, but maybe now is the time to start setting one up for next season.
2) Sharp tools. A sharp skinning knife and saw give this man the opportunity to work quickly and cut cleanly. A dull knife will never cut as smooth as this.
3) Experience. If you haven’t done this before, do it slowly. This processor clearly does this for a living and has mastered the art of getting it done in a hurry so he can move on to the next one.
He’s also very good with a knife. Don’t cut yerself!
- Weekly Conservation Officer Report:
- You mess with a pike, you get the teeth.
- Ever lose a phone or camera in the lake? Fisherman recovers camera and it’s pictures!